Tuesday, January 16, 2018

The New Fulkerson Weather Station is online!

Call it a side effect to growing up in Tornado Alley. As long as I can remember I've been a weather watcher. Seen a few Tornadoes, lots of rain, big hail.
So I've also had more than a few weather stations, starting when I was 9. In the late 70's I put together a nice kit station, was the closest to a professional system that I could afford then.
Mike and Sam enjoyed using the wind vane and wind speed cups for BB target practice. To see how fast they could get them to go.
I still have that wind vane with the pockmarks.

 In 2007 I got an electronic system with remote sensors. It was great.
The Arizona climate kills plastics and one storm ended part of the system. So I bought another system. It finally gave out at the end of the year.
The new system has a lot of great features, one of the best is that I am part of the Weather Underground weather station network.
You can see near real time weather by going here:
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KAZPHOEN620


No comments:

Post a Comment